GoPro have recently announced some awesome feature upgrades that will be available in the next GoPro HD HERO2 firmware release. Living up to their HERO2 headline “Professional Power to the People” they have announced their Technicolor-Certified “ProTune Mode” adding 24p mode and 35Mbps data rates.
What does all that mean, well not a lot to the standard home or amateur GoPro user, but for advanced and professional users this is an awesome feature addition to the already awesome GoPro HD HERO2. In short, other than the professionally compatible frame rate and enhanced colour profiles, the 35Mbps data rate will give unrivalled video image quality when compared to the rest of the sports cameras available on the market.
The key features of the upcoming GoPro HD HERO2 ProTune Mode are:
- 24fps frame rate, enabling GoPro HERO2 content to be easily intercut with other sources without a frame rate conversion
- 35Mbps data rate for the industry’s highest quality compressed image with virtually zero artifacts
- Neutral color profile, allowing for greater flexibility in a color correction workflow
- Log curve encoding, offering more detail in shadows and highlights
- Reduced sharpening and noise reduction for improved flexibility in professional post- production and color design workflows.
Thanks to the team from cinema5d.com for this informative interview video and we will keep you posted regarding the release date of the new and highly anticipated ProTune GoPro HD HERO2 firmware release.